Tuesday 28 September 2010

OH! HENRY



SPRING/SUMMER 2011

Henry Holland's collection at the recent London Fashion Week looks pretty lush. I unfortunately didn't get to dress this year however I had a glance at some talent and found some beauties. After watching the video, I made up my own mind that his collection seemed heavily influenced by an ice storm esque 70's appeal. Fringe, giant ball earrings and large motifs with disco vinyl metallics- it's an attention seeking era, made large by golden, all American- girl locks and pins on show.
Henry did state that the s/s 2011 collection was inspired by ' 70's New York & Disco' which I was relieved with, as for sure- It couldn't have been anything else. Holland also appealed his love for the Great British London cultural scene, exclaiming how it has a large impact on today's underground fashion. I admire Henry. He is lovely to work for and I genuinely see his passion and his movement from stylist to designer. Amen.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© THE SLOW LIFE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig