Tuesday 5 July 2011

LELE SPEAKS





I have been following/listening to this girl for years after stumbling across her on Myspace back in like 04 or something. I kinda absorbed the whole South London/Sick Kid/Goldielocks juice while customising my clothes with F-Minus and Leftover Crack memorabilia and listening to shitty home recordings from kids living rooms. Being sixteen was fun. Lele's beats are gritty and experimental, lyrically- pretty smooth and she has a pretty light sound in comparison to Kate Tempest of Sound Of Rum, who excels huskier yet beautiful vocals.


Lele's kinda grimey. She's no Brit School like Katy B and her MC'in and homemade videos from her and her sister JacksonKID are a mix between the love for squatty punk and classic American Rap. The duo known as The 'Sick Kids' also make their own tee's and custom Levi's . www.sicksistersister.blogspot.com

Also, basically. I can't blog on my PC. Hence all the blog posts at once is me rinsing the Uni Macs on my 1/2 hour walk in. Macs ARE better than PC's. I don't care what you stubborn, 90's folk are saying. It they weren't a tonne of dolla I would be rinsing my own one. Damnnn.

www.myspace.com/lelespeaks
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© THE SLOW LIFE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig