Wednesday 4 July 2012

BETH IS BACK

BEST COAST



Forgotten how much I used to listen to Best Coast, been listening to so much hip-hop recently , the hazy girl bands have kinda taken a back seat. Their latest album 'The Only Place' was released this May and it continues to thrive in sweet harmonies and talk of the beach, summer and boys. It's pretty grounded material, these are beach babies, they don't pretend to be something they are not. The Vivian Girls have kinda disappeared slightly off the map too which I'm kinda sad about as when I saw them last year they were really cool, hopefully be hearing some new projects and material from those girls soon. I'll always have a love for those soulful little voices.  Dreamy adolescent garage style bands are such an early 90's wave that will never be extinct.  I can easily still listen to Violet with my windows down and catch some Beavis & Butthead sketches of The 10 Thousand Maniacs and Smashing Pumpkins originals Billy Corgan et al. I'm prepping for Coachella next April and I just want to explore a bit more of California. My cousin has a new place near San Jose city so will be dropping by. Something about this dreamy music and California. Perfect road trip ingredients. 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© THE SLOW LIFE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig