Sunday 14 August 2011

THE LOVED ONES






I actually think I'm too scared to post this trailer up. While flicking through the channels on our tiny hotel room telly in Paris hunting for something to watch in in English ( worst culture kids ever, just wanted some home comforts I guess) we came across this movie 'The Loved Ones' Directed by Sean Byrne. Subtitled in English when we watched but actually an Australian movie this film is truly fucked. The elements that caught me were the colours, the soundtrack and just the general creepyness the film encountered. Set somewhere in Oz, a young girl and her freaky father kidnap a local boy and torture him while creating this eerie prom night scene in their kitchen. I'm not one to be scared very easily, but i remember we had to turn it off, then on again because I couldn't handle how intense it was. I sound ancient but films like this, no matter how good they are- do worry me as to where creators get their ideas. This screenplay involves a drill, some boiling water and a hidden basement. And it's not predictable.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© THE SLOW LIFE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig