Friday 28 January 2011

ASHISH FOR TOPSHOP


Ooooh. These for sure look good enough to eat. Topshop has collaborated with renown designer Ashish to present these yummy designs. Ashish Gupta states that the inspiration is heavily based from American diners, 1950's ice cream parlours and looking at tacky 1970's photographic cookbooks. I'm sure my mom has one of those somewhere gathering cobwebs. A large castle based jello with pork and cucumbers floating amongst it? It reminds me of one of the first scenes from pleasantville where Reese Witherspoons 'Mary Sue' claims that the 1958 breakfast fed by Joan Allen made her feel meat in her pores. Ashish tells I-D Online that his latest collections with Topshop feature a pop/aesthetic appeal. I see his designs as contemporary, fun and postcard like. Ashish is know to have a sense of humour down the runway, which, I feel- is a unique approach. Less of this seriousness!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© THE SLOW LIFE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig